Thursday, December 29, 2011

2011

2011

This year has been the best year of my life thus far. I mean I started it with making the 2011 Slam team the last day of the Year in 2010. To me the best thing about the year is the growth. Between myself, my craft, and just becoming a more loving person. I always had direction of a false sense of what I needed, now I care more about people than material items and don't get me wrong I was never like money money money but I wanted to ball out and would do so at any means. I've also grown in the literal sense, I am now 5'11 and I've come a long way from that 4'11 short kid in the 9th grade. As an artist Im personally extremely proud of myself I've grinded hard and harder than a lot of my peers. New to the game and dropped a mix tape and an EP , even more amazing made some guap from it. If I look at the poems I wrote back in January, I'd cry because there horrible.
I have developed a lot of relationships this year. First and for most with jasmine we've grown extremely close and I'd take a bullet for her, it doesn't matter if she would for me or not but I will. Then there is the team, I don't think I would be who I am with out them, especially Brandon, Benaché, and Ephraim. Those are my brothers like we went on this journey together and created a bond that is strong and sure we've had disagreements, like it took a while for me and Ephraim to connect, to get Benaché to open up too me, and specially me and Brandon to get over the Bro Code thing, but we did and we all became better people because of each other, I'd take many of ass whoopings for these dudes. I will make sure there in my life forever, and if not I will remember them till my next life.
When I came back from BNV, I kinda became "cool" if there such a thing , but I got a lot of respect from my peers and socially made people accept who I am , and if they don't the hell with them, I may be "weird" or "awkward" , but it's who i am. This year has also been a great year with the ladies, I've never been use to having girls into me, I'd always been the small little black kid in the class who has the crushes and there called crushes because namesake I was always getting crushed. I dated girls that helped me discover a lot about myself. I've developed a taste on what I like and I use to have this criteria but now I just look for the genuine inside of a person. The looks have taking a backseat and I found out what beautiful really is. It's not soft curves, silky legs, powdered face, but the light that exudes from a person, the energy they possess and give to the universe. Ive become a little more emotionally open with females. I messed with some black girls that surprised me, and even connected with a girl who I spent little time with but was infatuated with every aspect of her, and still friends with her. I came back from the Bay and I started getting mad play from a lot of females, which is rare for me, specially with Robert being one of my best friend . Then there is one person in particular. I have built a relationship with her, that is very interesting. I don't really stay in relationships for long but it's been 3 months tomorrow and it's been wonderful and I know I don't speak often about my relationship with her but I wish I could explain how intricate and beautiful she is and I'm not even talking about her looks. She is a caring and endearing person, Intelligent, open, curious, radiant. The energy that you receive from her instantly makes you want to know more about her , what she's thinking, where she came from, she's intriguing. I don't think she will know how wonderful she is, but I can't thank her for all the passion that she has shown me, trusting me with her keepsake, secrets, and just being a gentle beautiful soul. She believes in me, in all of my endeavors even when she shouldn't. Like they say there is a first time for everything well she leaves me tongue tied and speechless all the time. There is starting to be a special place in my life for her.
On another note this has been a year for beginnings and endings , I have been ending relationships with people I will miss but have stopped me from growing. I've been ending the year with great things best thing I got into FAM. I hope this post doesn't come off arrogant or anything I just wanted to share what went on this year, so many great things and if anything I am just really proud of myself because I've taken a lot of wrong turns but it really seems like I'm on a path for something great and I will travel this road with hopes that I can make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment