Saturday, December 17, 2011

Jonathan Brown


So this is jonathan brown and he has turned into my favorite poet... even over amir suilaiman. He is brilliant, and I am so glad I got to meet him and spend time with him. He came with us to BNV and now i just have all these poems in my head because thats what his poems do to me. Here is a list of quotes that just apply to my life right now.

“In my next life, hopefully I won’t remember this one, so I can avoid the noise that distract me from my passion, who am I kidding I spent half of yesterday wishing you called”- Jonathan brown
“I’m quick to beg ice cubes to burst into flames or other impossible shit like my life to get better while I stay the same”- Jonathan Brown
“You can usually tell my level of sanity by how mangled my fingernails are”-jonathan brown
” I called you on your birthday for the same reason people go to church on easter sunday,it is only a gesture, people who go to church on Easter sunday because they wish they had a relationship with God Like I wish I  had a relationship with you” -Jonathan Brown
“Maybe this is disaster tourism at it’s worse, because I don’t want you to love my words, I want you to rubberneck past the scene of the wreck and hope nobody is dead, expect nothing less than a five car pile up, 3 or 4 trucks, too many blue lights and the jaws of life slice through the crumpled up vista of who I use to be” - Jonathan Brown
“There is a fine line between living your dreams or sleepwalking through life”-Jonathan Brown
“I am 2 family traits away from making the same mistakes my dad did, distance is a trait i wish I could unlearn”-Jonathan Brown
“This is for the dyslexic kid who raises his middle finger to any motherfucker who think they are better just because the letters make sense on the page”-Jonathan brown
I'll let the poetry speak for itself


No comments:

Post a Comment